BRiCworks (Building Recovery in Communities) is a vibrant community hub in Hull
BRiCWorks Hull supports the community
BRiCWorks Hull, which is on Story Street, is a community hub funded by the BIG Lottery’s Reaching Communities initiative.
The hub successfully help people and communities most in need, providing support, friendship and a place to go. At its heart is a cafe which serves good quality food and hot and soft drinks at low prices. The kitchen offers local people outside catering for weddings, christenings, funeral teas and other events. It also provides catering for Wates construction sites in the city.
The community hub provides a range of activities and opportunities that supports and encourages participation, and are aimed at improving people’s health and well-being and increasing access to social networks etc.
Our roots are firmly in the recovery community and we provide real support to people in recovery from substance misuse to overcome issues around their mental/emotional health, provide support to those who feel isolated or struggling with other barriers preventing them to lead a fuller life.
The hub is also now a delivery partner for Humber’s Recovery and Wellbeing College which delivers educational courses and workshops.
What we provide:
- Community Café with options to eat in, take away or to order buffets
- Weekly Dry Bar events including live bands providing an alternative social evening to those who choose not to drink alcohol
- Community Radio Station
- Group Activities aimed at promoting recovery, health and wellbeing
- Volunteering and Employment opportunities
The cafe and dry bar are supported by a team of volunteers, who have all recovered from their own addictions, their involvement with BRiCWorks has helped them sustain their own recovery journey:
- “this is a way to give back to the community that has helped me”
- “BRiCWorks has provided a support network that has helped me maintain behaviour changes”
In a 6 month period the Dry Bar hosted over 15 live acoustic nights attended by over 400 people, which have attracted a fantastic selection of artists and continues to attract local media interest. Check out facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Bricworkshull