GOALs - Go Out and Live provides opportunities for people with learning disabilities
Support for people with learning disabilities
For over 20 years, our GOALs project has provided life enriching support services across County Durham for adults with learning disabilities. Our service users take part in social events, group activities, community events and friendship services.
See mygoals website
GOALs (Go Out And Live)
Here at DISC, we want all our service users to fulfill their potential in life. The County Durham GOALs programme is designed for those with learning difficulties to Go out and Live – to enjoy life to the full.
See Goals video playlist here
Personal GOALs for individuals
We offer different services which are available as part of self-directed support packages, personal budgets or self-funding…
- Day Service. Small friendly groups which offer a range of activities and opportunities for development
- Saturday Drop In. A weekend drop in which provides opportunities for a range of activities, catching up with old friends and making new ones
- Social Activities. A wide range of activities which are led by the group and delivered in age appropriate groups
- Befriending. Social and leisure activities outside of the traditional group setting and one to one support delivered to meet individual needs
- Personal Assistance. Enabling people to live independently through support with everyday tasks, whilst working towards long term goals
- GOALS Young People’s Service. A monthly group exploring activities for those younger people who access our services