Sunderland Integrated Substance misuse service
Recovery Focused Drug and Alcohol Treatment services
Wear Recovery is an integrated Drug and Alcohol treatment and Harm Reduction Service for adults.
Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust, Developing Initiatives for Support in the Communities (DISC) and Changing Lives are delighted to be working in partnership and delivering a new model of care, with recovery from addiction at its heart.
Harm reduction service and Needle Exchange is based at Saville Place.
Each Hub will offer the full range of service including clinical, coordination and psychosocial interventions.
About the partners:
- DISC is one of the most successful charities, in the North East, helping some 12,000 people in 2016/17 to realise their potential. Our aims are to help service users identify the steps they have to take and then support them in their journey. We have long held expertise in areas like employment and skills, housing support, offender rehabilitation, children young people’s and families and health and wellbeing. This experience allows us to offer more holistic support for service users. Our services are based across the North East, Yorkshire and Humberside region and the North West. For more information www.disc-vol.org.uk
- Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest mental health and disability Trusts in England serving a population of approximately 1.4 million, providing services across an area totalling 2,200 square miles. We work from over 60 sites across Northumberland, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Gateshead, South Tyneside and Sunderland. Our vision is to improve the well-being of everyone we serve through delivering services that match the best in the world. We have a number of regional and national specialist services.
- Changing Lives is a national registered charity which provides specialist support for thousands of vulnerable adults, young people and families every month. Our aim is to help those most in need in our communities to make positive and lasting changes towards a fulfilling life. We help people who are experiencing problems including homelessness, addiction, sexual violence and abuse, and a range of other problems by reaching out in to our communities. We offer specialist support services for women, young people and families, and provide employment opportunities for our clients. For more information visit www.changing-lives.org.uk
How to get referred
All enquiries through:
Central to the service is a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) telephone number (0800 2346798). This allows easy access into treatment and staff complete a triage assessment in order to determine type of interventions needed as well as offer information about treatment. For those who may not be appropriate for structured treatment, staff offer advice and guidance such as harm reduction, brief interventions and sign post to more appropriate services where needed. The line is used by service users, current and new, as well and family members and other agencies.
In addition to utilising local community resources the service will be delivered from three key Recovery Hubs:
- 4-6 Mary Street, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear. SR1 3NH
- Vermont House, Concord, Washington, Tyne & Wear. NE37 2SQ
- Empire House, 62 Newbottle Street, Houghton le Spring, Tyne & Wear, DH4 4AJ
Harm Reduction Service, 3 Saville Place, Sunderland, SR1 1PA