Compass Housing Support
The Lancashire Floating Support service – ‘COMPASS’ is a partnership between DISC as lead contractor and 12 specialist sub-contractors.
Progress Care :: Methodist Action: Lancaster and District Homeless Action Service :: Barnardos :: Lancashire MIND :: North West Community Services :: Preston Domestic Violence Services :: Richmond Fellowship :: KEY :: Domestic Violence Support Services (West Lancashire) :: Empowerment::
DISC operates a central gateway service for the service which provides a single point of access to both North and South Lancashire floating support services.
Floating support is housing related support which is open to everyone, however we also provide specialist support for people with issues related to:-
- learning disabilities,
- mental health,
- substance misuse,
- domestic violence,
- and also young people, teenage parents and older people.
A wide range of help is offered as part of the floating support service. It might include:
- Setting up and maintaining a home, finding furniture, connecting utilities and advice to remain safe and secure
- Assistance with benefits and grants, budgeting skills, and advice on debt management
- Help develop practical, independent living skills
- Help to manage general health and wellbeing, and assistance to access specialist service
- Encouragement to engage with local community services and faith and cultural groups
- Support to access work and training opportunities
Floating support usually lasts up to 6 months and is dependent upon your need.
If we are unable to support you we will contact you to discuss alternative options.
To find out more about Compass please visit our website compass.disc-vol.org.uk
Recycling Lives Building
Recycling Lives Building, Essex Street, Preston, Lancashire
Tel: 01772 723061