Familes First – Leeds
Strengthening families and communities across Leeds
We provide support to families across Leeds to improve their lives, build their skills and resilience, prevent family breakdown and become happier and healthier so they become a valued part of the local community.
Working hand in hand with family members and other support agencies, we provide a tailored holistic support package for each family unit.
We can help
Identified families can access support to:
- Increase parenting skills and family stability
- Prevent children entering the looked after system
- Improve and sustain children’s attendance and behaviour at school
- Reduce the number of children classed as NEET
- Reduce anti social behaviour and crime
- Reduce the risk of eviction and sustain tenancies
- Improve employment opportunities
- Reducing the number of families who live in poverty
- Addressing alcohol, drug and mental health problems
- Reducing levels of repeat victimisation (for example domestic violence
In November, 2016, the work of Families First lead practitioner, Becky Baxter and her team was recognised by Leeds City Council’s Children’s Services. See news item.