Family Intervention Project – Kirklees
Supporting families across Kirklees
Supporting families to make positive changes
The Family Intervention Project provides real help for families in and around Kirklees. Families with children under 16 years who are experiencing difficulties maintaining their tenancy as a result of anti-social behaviour or issues around debt can access the service. We also provide support in relation to poor family functioning: domestic abuse, substance misuse, long term health conditions, parents’ offending or in prison, parental mental health, learning disabilities and support to improve parenting functions.
Our provision has recently achieved Level A in a recent Quality Assessment Framework audit – which is the highest standard expected in the delivery of Supporting People services.
Family action plans
We complete a comprehensive assessments of a family’s strengths and difficulties and we work with the family to put in place individual family action plans to help:
- Reduce Anti-social behaviour: providing support to those classed as a perpetrator or as a victim
- Support around housing issues to sustain tenancies
- Access training or employment
- Improve children’s school attendance
- Manage children’s behaviour and improve parenting skills
- Better manage finances
Family Action plans are reviewed regularly in-conjunction with other statutory services engaged with families to ensure we can support the needs of the whole family.
See our latest news here. Kirklees FIP Newsletter Winter 2016
Please see how our service users get involved and influence what we do. Click here
Our Courses and Advice
Have a look at what is available at Kirklees Family Intervention Project. Just follow the links! Please see advice and courses we run at Kirklees Family Intervention Project. Click here.
Please see our Family Intervention Project Handbook. Click here.
Kirklees Family Intervention Project can turn lives around
- 92% of families we supported in 2014/15 improved their childs attendance at school
- 79% of families we worked with saw an improvement in their relationships
- 100% of families supported where able to reduce their rent arrears and sustain their tenancy