LGBT Health and Well-being (Aged 15-25)
Improving health and well-being for LGBT young people across County Durham
LGBT Health and Well-being (Aged 15-25) offers help in all areas of their health and well-being support in one to one chats, group-based support, and we run training events.
You can ask to join the service yourself ( self-referral). A lot of our referrals come from educational establishments. We also see new people through children’s mental health services.
Click here to read about our latest news.
How you can access the service
- You are aged between 15 and 25.
- Living in County Durham.
- Identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans* or Unsure.
- In need of support around Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Trans* Issues.
- In need of advice and guidance.
The LGBT Health and Well-being support service offers:
- Access to health services Sexual health and relationships advice and guidance All services will be confidential, and you will only have to give the minimum of information about yourself.
- Access to social groups providing peer support groups and you may want to access some of our social activities. It has been proven that the project enables service users to become more included and feel less lonely. The project enables service users to make social connections and networks
- Family Support We are working with you, however if it helps to support your family around anything which will help you in the future we may be able to support them too.
- One to one support One to one support is very popular and is tailored to the service users needs, The project has access to premises around County Durham and can also come to your home, school or College. Our most common area of one to one support is mental health and wellbeing followed by coming out and sexual orientation /gender orientation.
- Training and Awareness we provide training and awareness sessions to a number of organisations including schools and colleges.
An initial meeting will be arranged to see what kind of support you need and to fill out an assessment form.