Specialist substance misuse services to under 18s reducing risk, problematic substance misuse and further harm.
Our latest stats
88% of service users identifying improved health outcomes for emotional wellbeing and mental health in the last quarter.
100% of young people who identified themselves as smokers received an intervention around this.
344 pupils in the last quarter received educational awareness sessions delivered in Schools.
Platform Gateshead allows young people to make an informed choice about their lifestyle regarding substance and alcohol use.
- Early intervention and prevention support to reduce substance misuse
- Harm reduction education and awareness to ensure the safety of young people
- Family interventions such as family conferences and family support groups to improve families relationships
- Health assessments and smoking cessation to improve health and wellbeing
- Information, advice and practical support to young people, parents/carers and other family member
- Support to reduce wider risk taking behaviour such as sexual exploitation and self-harm
Platform Gateshead focuses upon building on positives and strengths to enable all young people to be healthy, stay safe and raise aspirations.
We offer a safe, comfortable, confidential environment where specialist workers will listen but not judge.
Have you heard about FRANK?
FRANK helps you find out everything you might want to know about drugs (and some stuff you don’t). For friendly, confidential advice, Talk to FRANK.
If you need to make a referral, please ring us on 0191 460 1354
We also look after our staff to ensure they perform as best they can for our clients. See staff well-being sessions