The Salford Intensive Family Intervention Project
Supporting local families to make positive changes
Providing support for Families in Salford
The Salford Intensive Family Intervention Project provides real help for families in and around Salford.
We can help
Families with children under 16 years who are experiencing difficulties maintaining their tenancy/or losing their homes as a result of anti-social behaviour or debt can access the service. We provide intensive parenting and family support.
We support families facing other difficulties, such as:
- Poor school attendance
- Accessing out of work benefits.
- Poor family functioning. Domestic abuse, substance misuse, long term health conditions, parents’ offending or in prison, parental mental health, learning disabilities.
Individual Family Action Plans
Specialist family workers complete comprehensive assessments of a family’s strengths and difficulties and put in place an individual action plan to:
- Reduce Anti-social behaviour, providing support to those classed as a perpetrator or as a victim.
- Access training or work.
- Improve children’s school attendance
- Better manage children’s behaviour
- Manage debts, benefits and/or housing issues
Project Manager Cathy Unsworth’s blog
March 2017 – Success in retaining contract
Family Action Plans are reviewed regularly, along with other statutory services engaged with families, to ensure we can support the needs of the whole family as long as is needed, usually between 4- 15 months.
We also encourage everyone to get involved in the development of the project through a dedicated Service Users Group (SUGAR).
We support families to turn their lives around.