More Time Social Enterprise
More Time is a not-for-profit enterprise, creating jobs, work placements and volunteering opportunities
ore Time social enterprise
Our business, More Time UK Ltd is a wholly owned trading subsidiary of DISC. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, More Time has community-orientated key objectives. We want to develop initiatives to create employment, job placements, apprenticeships and volunteer pathways for DISC service users and others.
Working across the North East, and Yorkshire and Humber, More Time provides wide a range of opportunities for staff and volunteers to develop the required skills, undertake real work experience placements and achieve qualifications
More Time provides volunteer and training programmes across its services for a range of people requiring extra support to move closer towards the labour market.
More Time UK Ltd services include
- Repairs, maintenance and refurbishments works to properties in-conjunction with DISC Housing.
- Range of commercial and domestic cleaning services.
- Our professional cleaning teams have built a first class reputation with national construction companies including Wates and property agencies.
More Time operates in locations across Northern England. Sectors include building repair and maintenance, commercial and domestic cleaning, retail and catering.
More Time Furniture Scheme and Community Cafe
- Furniture scheme – We collect unwanted furniture which is then refurbished and re-sold at affordable prices
- Community Cafe – offers freshly made food at low cost in a friendly environment, we also provide outside catering
- In the last year we have worked with over 48 volunteers providing training and work placements
- We have created employment for 5 of our volunteers.
"I was unemployed with no qualifications or job references and had criminal convictions which made it difficult to find work. I heard of More Time through my brother, who was a service user and I started volunteering for More Time.
"Within a couple of months I gained full time employment with More Time and within a year I was made Supervisor of my own team. As part of my role, I carried out renovations on many properties, where I used the skills I already had and I also learned new skills from the staff and volunteers I worked alongside.
As of April 2015 I am now employed by DISC Housing, as the Repairs & Maintenance Supervisor. As part of this role, I complete the day to day maintenance on DISC Housing’s properties and have completed full refurbs on the last of the Empty Homes properties. I have become a qualified PAT Tester and Damp Inspector and I am also planning on completing course in plastering in the near future.
Since I began working for More Time and DISC Housing, this has benefited my family and I in many ways, as I now have stable employment and a monthly wage and I am looking forward to gaining more qualifications a learning more new skills.
"I enjoyed working for More Time and now DISC Housing, it is hard work but I work as part of a team that know my skills and have the trust to allow me get on with my work on a daily basis. It’s a great team to work with."